Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Research Project for Class

As previously mentioned, I'm also taking a graduate nursing research class this semester. We have to do a research project/proposal for this class. I will be doing this research project with help from one other student in my class. I knew that I wanted to work on something that would correlate with the Healthcare 2.0 Research Study. At first, I was attempting to come up with a whole new research study, but that didn't seem to be working. After turning in our first and second drafts of the problem statement, we still received a reply of "what's your problem?" With a little help from Dr. Bondal, I now have a better idea of my project idea and problem statement for our project. I chose variables from the survey for the research study, including age, gender, location, and income. I would like to study whether any of these factors (independent variables) would have any influence on use of electronic devices (dependent variable). Lesson learned: components of a problem statement and the real difference between independent and dependent variables. This week I finally figured out which direction to go with this research project!

1 comment:

  1. Very good progress, Laura!! Excellent selection of independent variables that will be very helpful in our research. You are a valuable contribution to our research team.

    ReplyDelete