Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Keep it Simple

For the past 5 or so weeks, my partner and I have been developing a research project about health care literacy. We've submitted documents for our problem statement, literature search review, and even theoretical framework. But now, after all that work, we have determined that in order to correlate this class research project with the big research project about Web 2.0 tools, we pretty much need to revamp everything. So, the new (hopefully final) topic for this project is going to be factors influencing use of Web 2.0 tools for health care purposes. We will still look at different variables such as age, income, race, and educational status.

This is the first research class I've ever taken. And now that I actually understand what is required of me, things seem to be falling in place a little better now. I've already redone our problem statement and the search strategy. Lesson learned for this week....just when you think you have it all figured out, maybe you really don't!

Now, as far as the big research study I will be involved in....that's supposed to be launched pretty soon. I thought it was going to start today, but I never heard anything else out of the research team. So, we will start getting people to complete the survey as soon as they let me know everything is good to go. It will be interesting to determine what factors really do influence not only use of Web 2.0 for health care, but for educational and personal reasons as well.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, Great posting! The link to the consent to participate in the Web 2.0 research is at http://www2.gcsu.edu/irb/health.htm

    JS

    ReplyDelete