Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Getting Started
I will be collecting data by getting people to take a survey asking questions about their use of the internet. Since I am also taking a nursing research class this semester, I think that I will be able to gain a better understanding of the research process by both class work and actually helping in the study. So far, the only thing I've really had to do is take the survey myself (I got my husband to take it too!) and give feedback on the questions, such as ones that may need to be reworded because they sound confusing. This week in class, one of the students suggested she may do a survey for her research project and Dr. Bondal told her she needed to do a pilot study first because you need to run it by some other people to make sure it will make sense to the population that will be participating in the research study. I know that I have personally reviewed the survey more than once or twice, and I catch something different every time. Lesson learned: When doing a survey for a research project, it always helps to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th....set of eyes on your survey prior to putting the final survey out there for review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice job, Laura. I particularly like the lessons learned section. Keep it going.
ReplyDeleteDr. B
Great work, Laura!! I agree with Dr. B. - REALLY important lessons learned. JS
ReplyDelete