Friday, August 12, 2011

Grad School

Orientation for the MSN Program was today. I found out that I'm gonna be able to get a dual master's degree, Family Nurse Practitioner & Nursing Informatics! I know will be ALOT of work, but I really believe I'm gonna love it. I'm sooo excited!!!

Ohhh..and my mind is going absolutely CRAAZY with ideas about my synthesis project. I know I want to incorporate Family Practice & Informatics in my research. I may do something about the number of physicians one patient must see during the course of an illness. I was just checking out one of the websites we were introduced to today. I found a US map with data relating to people seeing more than 10 physicians in their last 6 months of life. I might do something with that. Or maybe something about the number of unnecessary tests that are performed, which is obviously one of the problems with the healthcare system today. Most of the time, a slew of tests are ordered because practitioners are afraid of being sued by patients if they happen to "miss" something. I wanna make my project good though..so I'm gonna start doing some research...I'm sure I'll find some ideas.

But for now, we need to get some food in our tummies and get ready for the weekend cause 7Heart Tower will definitely be in full swing, I'm sure! Also gotta be thinking about whether or not I'm gonna continue doing weekend shifts! So many decisions!!! Watch out world --- here I come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment